October 10, 2023 00:25 GMT
Marginal Pressure On Greenback In Early Trade
The USD is a touch softer in early dealing on Tuesday, US Tsy Yields have re-opened lower with the 10 Year Yield down ~15bps. US Equity Futures are a touch firmer, and Oil is little changed from Monday's closing levels.
- AUD/USD is up ~0.1% and last prints at $0.6415/20. Westpac consumer confidence rose 2.9% to 82 in October, the highest since April when the RBA paused its tightening cycle for the first time.
- Kiwi is also up ~0.1%, NZD/USD is consolidating yesterday's gains and has ticked marginally higher through the session.
- Yen is unchanged, USD/JPY is see-sawing around the ¥148.50 handle in narrow ranges. Technically the pair is still in an uptrend, key support is at ¥147.43 the low from Oct 3 and resistance is at ¥150.16 high from Oct 3 and bull trigger.
- Elsewhere in G-10 EUR and GBP are ~0.1% reflecting the broader move in the USD.
- There is a thin docket for the remainder of the Asian session,