Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Headline indices traded broadly flat Tuesday, with the S&P 500 trading 0.1% either side of the Monday close for the bulk of the day. This came despite the strength in the e-mini S&P ahead of the European open, which saw new record highs ushered in at 4192.50.
- Healthcare and utilities firms lagged, countered by strength in both the industrials and energy sectors across the S&P 500.
- Earnings remain a focus, with poor traded in both Tesla and 3M undermining recent upbeat reports. At the other end of the table, UPS and FedEx traded particularly well after the former firm comfortably beat expectations for Q1.
- After-market reports Tuesday include Alphabet, Microsoft, Starbucks and Visa.