Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Mixed session for risk leaves JPY on top
- After bumping higher throughout Asia-Pacific trade, JPY held the bulk of
Tuesday's gains into the close, as bond markets across core Europe and the US
had a firm session. Softer Treasury yields and an overall flatter yield curve
initially sapped strength out of the USD, but much of this was reversed into the
- Fears surrounding the spread of Coronavirus out of China's Hubei province
dragged on Asia-Pac FX and exposed stocks, allowing the likes of American
Airlines and Delta Airlines to drop as much as 3.5%. This prevented the S&P500
from staging much of a test on the alltime highs printed Friday, but there was
little sign of any major retracement.
- GBP also fared well on favourable jobs numbers, which trimmed the probability
of a January BoE rate cut. Attention now turns to Friday's key PMI data.
- Canadian inflation numbers, US existing home sales and the Bank of Canada rate
decision take focus Wednesday. Speeches are also scheduled from BoE's Carney (on
climate, not policy) and BoC's Poloz.