Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BEIJING (MNI) - The People's Bank of China (PBOC) will keep a prudent
monetary policy appropriately flexible this year, the central bank said on
Sunday following its annual work meeting.
In the statement, PBOC said its 2020 work guidelines are also to:
- step up countercyclical adjustments to keep liquidity reasonably ample
and the growth of credits and social financing in line with economic
- deepen interest rate market reform and continue loan rate liberalization;
- continue support for banks to recapitalize through measures including
- pursue reserve ratio cuts for targeted financial institutions to
effectively boost financing to small companies;
- let the market play a decisive role in setting the yuan exchange rate and
keep the currency stable in a reasonable range.
At the same meeting, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange, a bureau
under the central bank, said it will liberalize the capital account orderly and
support the liberalization of the financial market.
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 (10) 8532-5998; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 10 8532 5998; email: email@example.com