February 03, 2023 13:13 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK ANALYSIS - US Daily Brief 03-02-23
- US authorities are monitoring a suspected Chinese spy balloon spotted in high altitude over Montana yesterday, just days before a highly anticipated meeting between US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and his Chinese counterparts in Beijing.
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) told reporters yesterday that that he believes the debt ceiling must be lifted, "but you have to cut spending."
- McCarthy notched up his first big win as Speaker yesterday when he convinced detractors from his caucus to vote to remove Rep Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
- Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) has called Turkey an “unfaithful” ally, and a bipartisan group of 29 senators have written to President Biden urging him delay the sale of F-16s until Turkey approves Sweden and Finland’s NATO accession.
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken with meet with his South Korean counterpart Foreign Minister Park Jin at the Department of State today as North Korea escalates its nuclear rhetoric.
- Poll of the Day: President Biden's approval rating has recovered after the "documents" dip.
Full Article: https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/files/51094/MNI%20...