September 11, 2023 11:56 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - Govt Shutdown Risk Continues To Increase
Metals bulletEM BulletFixed Income NewsHomepageCommoditiesEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsEmerging Markets NewsForeign Exchange NewsPolitical Market News
- The House of Representatives will return from summer recess tomorrow with the prospect of a government shutdown on October 1 appearing increasingly likely.
- President Biden, alongside leaders of India, Saudi Arabia, and the European Union have announced a “game-changing" economic corridor connecting India to Europe via the Middle East.
- The US and Vietnam have elevated bilateral relations to a, “comprehensive strategic partnership.”
- President Biden says the US doesn't seek to contain China and, "we’re all better off if China does well."
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says she’s increasingly confident that the US can contain inflation without major damage to the job market.
- The Biden administration may be preparing to pivot on sending long-range Army Tactical Missile Systems (ATACMS) to Ukraine.
- Former President Trump is expected to push for major tax cuts as part of his bid for a second presidential term.
- South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem (R-SD) has emerged as the frontrunner for Trump’s selection for vice president.
- Virginia will hold elections on November 7 which may provide a preview of the 2024 general election.
- Poll of the Day: A sizable, bipartisan majority favor age limits for elected officials.
Full article: US Daily Brief