July 25, 2022 11:52 GMT
- A planned trip to Taiwan by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is the latest wedge between Washington and Beijing as the two powers struggle to establish a ‘playbook’ for relations.
- The US State Department has condemned a Russian missile attack on the Ukrainian port of Odesa. “This attack casts serious doubt on the credibility of Russia’s commitment to [Friday's grain] deal..."
- The Treasury Department’s number two Wally Adeyemo is in Europe this week discussing Russia sanctions.
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has downplayed recession fears: "I would be amazed if they would declare this period to be a recession."
- Donald Trump's 2024 presidential bid is now looking less assured than it did a few months ago as he prepares for a return to Washington tomorrow.
- Speculation continues to grow that California governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA) is setting the stage for a 2024 presidential bid.
- The Senate will hold a cloture vote on CHIPS today. “We’re very close to landing the plane.”
- The White House is considering declaring Monkeypox a public health emergency.
- Poll of the Day: Voters from across the political spectrum support Supreme Court reform.
Full article: https://marketnews.com/mni-political-risk-analysis...