Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
After climbing steadily all session, Tsys pared back gains late, sources widely citing month end related flow or headline driven: "GERMANY EXPECTS 2020 CONTRACTION WON'T BE AS DEEP AS FORECAST" Bbg.
- Month end duration extension surged right on the close with futures gapping off late reversal lows and extended session highs (equities stayed close to home, emini +.75); yld curves extended session lows.
- No fooling around -- HEAVY volume in Dec 10Y on the move: appr 450k traded from 1452-1513ET, Vwap 139-08, high volume price 107k at 139-09 (139-10 session high).
- The ride continued, futures see-sawed back off highs yet again after the NY close on another 70,000 TYZ.
- Except for late month end swings, Mon was relatively quiet w/London banks closed for holiday, no pertinent data w/ many sidelined ahead headline employ data Friday. The 2-Yr yield is up 0.6bps at 0.1328%, 5-Yr is up 0.2bps at 0.2705%, 10-Yr is down 0.8bps at 0.713%, and 30-Yr is down 1.8bps at 1.4832%.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.