Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Most major pairs traded well within recent ranges on the penultimate
trading day ahead of Christmas with little change in overall sentiment.
- EUR/GBP sits close to the best levels in a month after GBP dipped on news that
PM May has lost a third cabinet member in as many months after Damian Green
stepped down from his role as Deputy PM. Highs of Gbp0.8890 were printed ahead
of European trade.
- GBP/USD has traded within a range of $1.3351 - $1.3387 with resistance touted
at yesterday's highs of $1.3320.
- The JPY was unreactive to the Bank of Japan rate decision and remains weaker
the USD. USD/JPY printed a high of Y113.64 this morning, but option-related
interest between Y113.00 - Y114.00 could keep the pair anchored for now.
- Newsflow and price action are likely to pick up at the NY crossover with both
Canadian CPI and US GDP figures both due at 1330GMT.
- Catalonia go to the polls in a snap election today with full results expected
by 2200GMT. Pollsters foresee a hung parliament emerging which may do little to
ease the tensions between Barcelona and Madrid.