Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- NBH Deputy Governor Barnabas Virag said in an interview today that adopting the euro is a 'milestone', not a destination, for the Hungarian economy.
- Virag mentioned that the convergence must be successful and participate positively to the development of the economy.
- He noted that some early joiners in the periphery (i.e. Italy, Greece) have seen their levels of development fallen sharply in the following two decades (up to 25% loss).
- Hence, a strategic plan is necessary that deals with the continuous improvement of competitiveness and productivity to ensure than Hungary can continue to the process of convergence (BBG).