Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Spot USD/THB has softened as onshore markets re-opened in Thailand. The pair last trades -0.020 at THB31.340. The 50-DMA at THB31.181 provides the initial bearish target and a break here would open up May 10 low of THB31.048, a key near-term support. Bulls look for a break above May 18 high of THB31.510, before taking aim at Apr 12 high of THB31.575.
- Thailand's National Economic and Social Development Council warned Monday that the critically important tourism sector may not be able to recover to pre-pandemic levels until 2026, which will affect as many as 7mn workers.
- BoT Asst Gov Ronadol said that Thailand's central bank will seek more direct measures to help SMEs hit by the Covid-19 pandemic after financial support delivered so far missed the target.
- Customs trade data headline the local docket today. Trade surplus is expected to shrink to $345mn from $711mn, according to BBG consensus forecast.
- Krungthep Turakij cited Commerce Min Jurin Laksanawisit as flagging a positive impact from rising demand for food & WFH products on the Thai exports, which rose about 13% Y/Y in Apr.
- Elsewhere, PM Prayuth chairs the weekly cabinet meeting today.