Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
New York Special Election Could Be Bellwether For Midterm Dynamics
Voting in underway in a special election in New York's 19th Congressional district, a swing district with a Republican candidate running broadly on the economy and a Democrat candidate running broadly on abortion.
- Polling currently shows the race between Republican Marc Molinaro and Democrat Pat Ryan too close to call.
- Analysists are watching the race closely to determine how significant a role the issue of reproductive rights will play in the midterms.
- The Hill: "Molinaro has been zeroing in on the economy, while Ryan looks to seize on anger surrounding the overturning of Roe v. Wade to drive their respective voters to the polls."
- Democratic strategist Jon Reinish said that NY19 "...is the ultimate swing district. This is a 50-50 district.”
- Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report: "This is a place where we're going to get our first road-test on the messaging, especially on abortion. Democrats will lean into the issue of abortion and Republicans will lean into the economy and inflation."
- A Republican strategist said: “Obviously the coverage is going in the way of it being a bellwether because Pat Ryan has decided to run the entire campaign on abortion."
- The winner of the race will serve in Congress until January, with Ryan and Molinaro likely to contest the race for a second time in November.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.