Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Another session of thin liquidity expected with markets in Japan, mainland China and South Korea all observing holidays. The greenback is slightly lower in early Asia-Pac trade, Fed's Kashkari spoke and reiterated the Fed's commitment to easy policy. The modest pullback in USD has seen AUD/USD rise around 9 pips, the increase helped along by a rise in IHS Markit Australia April Services PMI which came in at 58.8 vs 55.5 in March. This was the fastest pace of services expansion since the survey began in 2016.
- NZD/USD is the best G10 performer so far, boosted by an upbeat Q1 Labour Force Survey, which showed that the unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 4.7% from 4.9%. Employment increased more than expected, alongside an above-forecast uptick in participation. RBNZ Deputy Gov Bascand did cross the wires cautioning that there is a greater risk of a house price correction. The pair up 15 pips last.
- JPY pairs little changed in early trade, Yomiuri reported this morning that Tokyo & Osaka are set to request extending their respective emergency declarations while Osaka Gov Yoshimura suggested Tuesday that the prefecture may apply for an extension to its state of emergency, as the healthcare system remains strained, which makes lifting emergency "difficult."
- CNH flat amid a lack of catalysts due to the aforementioned market closures.