Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Broader demand for USD weighed on NZD/USD Tuesday, dragging the pair away from multi-week highs printed earlier this week, but the $0.7200 mark limited losses.
- As flagged earlier, the latest report from interest.co.nz noted that the RBNZ "plans to respond in late-May to the Government's request for more information on restricting interest-only mortgages and lending to people seeking large mortgages compared to their incomes." The advice will be released separately from the upcoming Financial Stability Report.
- New Zealand's trade balance & final ANZ Business Confidence are due tomorrow, while ANZ Consumer Confidence hits the wires on Friday.
- The rate last trades flat at $0.7208, with bears looking for a break under Apr 22 low of $0.7146. Next support is located at $0.7122, the low print of Apr 19. Bulls need a clearance of Apr 26 high of $0.7243 before targeting Mar 18 high of $0.7269.