Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
KIWI: NZD/USD stuck to a tight range as the RBNZ left its OCR unchanged, in line
- The rate knee-jerked to highs of $0.6814 as the Bank tweaked its language,
removing the phrase that the next move in the OCR could be up or down, but
retraced immediately as data dependence & 2-way risks to its outlook were
- The Bank lifted its short run inflation exp., left its OCR track unchanged &
lowered its NZD TWI outlook.
- In the press conference Gov. Orr stressed that he isn't taking the possibility
of a rate cut off of the table, as he highlighted that a miss vs. GDP exp. Could
trigger such an event.
- Orr also noted that the Bank is comfortable with its foot on the accelerator.
- NZD/USD last $0.6794, bulls continue to look for a close above $0.6800, with
bears needing a move back below the Nov 02 high at $0.6690.