Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- WTI and Brent crude futures gave up the day's gains and rolled well off the recent cycle high as wires reported that the US have lifted sanctions targeting Iranian oil officials.
- This unexpected diplomatic progress comes ahead of the next round of IAEA negotiations with Tehran in Vienna next week, with both sides cautious, but optimistic about progress that could lead Iran to re-access global oil markets.
- WTI shed over $1/bbl on the news, taking out the overnight low and narrowing the gap with next support at the Jun 4th low of $68.33/bbl.
- Precious metals saw support on the back of a higher-than-expected CPI print, with gold living up to its reputation as an inflation hedge. Next resistance for the yellow metal crosses at Wednesday's $1899.0 and the $1900 psychological level.