- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Orr Weighs In On Asset Price Inflation & Risky Lending
BBG has covered comments made by RBNZ Governor Orr at the INFINZ conference.
- Orr has noted that the Bank remains aware of the limits of monetary policy and its impact on asset price inflation but stressed that the Bank must continue to operate with medium term goals in mind. He also stressed that the Bank wants capital to be deployed outside of the property market.
- Orr noted that the Bank has plenty of room left within its QE operations, and reiterated that it will issue an update on its tools in November (when a funding for lending scheme is expected to be outlined/deployed).
- Orr pointed to a preference in dealing with too much inflation, as opposed to too little.
- Orr also flagged an uptick in higher leverage lending, while indicating a willingness to deploy tools to negate the impact of such developments, if they become a worry.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.