- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Parliament To Vote On No Confidence Motion Against Justice Minister
- A parliamentary committee was locked in a heated session Monday night as members discussed a motion of no confidence against Justice Minister Ziobro, who doubles as leader of Solidarna Polska, a junior partner in the ruling coalition. The committee recommended rejecting the motion, which will now be tabled at the plenary session, with the sponsors accusing Ziobro of contributing to the suspension of EU funds earmarked for Poland through his controversial reforms of the judiciary. The lower house is expected to debate the motion from 2000CET/1900GMT, which will be followed by a plenary vote at night. During Monday's meeting of ruling Law and Justice caucus, party leader Kaczynski told his MPs that they must defend Ziobro.
- The parliamentary session beginning today is also expected to see the tabling of critical legislation needed to achieve the milestones for unblocking suspended EU funds. According to Rzeczpospolita, the ruling party took the decision to complete the targets set by the European Commission.
- NBP's Kochalski told Biznes24 that CPI inflation should decelerate significantly from 2Q2023, adding that the current level of interest rates is "adequate," as he argued that the data is showing the effects of earlier rate hikes. He noted that "rate cuts are on the horizon, but this is not a topic that should be the main focus because we still have high inflation."
- An EU source told PAP newswire that Poland vetoed the adoption of a 15% minimum tax rate for the largest companies by the bloc. The report suggests that Poland's opposition is related to technical matters, which will be debated further in the coming days.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.