Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: PM Boris Johnson has proposed that Northern Ireland should remain
in the EU regulation zone for goods and agriculture after Brexit. The PM has
further stated that the whole of the UK should leave the EU customs zone after
the transition period. The announcement follows reports earlier in the week that
the government has sought to broker a deal to gain DUP support.
- The Dec-19 gilt future trades at 133.94, down 56 ticks from Tuesday's close
and 13 ticks off the day's low; L-H: 133.81-134.26.
- Gilts have sold off with yields 5bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last / 1d
chg / L..H): 2Y (0.3901% / +5.3bp / 0.3664%...0.3919%); 5Y (0.3017% / +5bp /
0.2762%...0.3042%); 10Y (0.5185% / +5bp / 0.493%...0.5213%); 30Y (1.0023% / +5bp
- The curve has bear flattened: 2s10s (12.3bp / -0.2bp / 11.9bp..12.7bp); 2s30s
(60.5bp / -0.4bp / 59.1bp..60.5bp).
- The short sterling futures strip has steepened: W (- 0.5/1.5 ticks); R (-
2.0/3.0 ticks); G (- 3.0/3.5 ticks); B (- 3.5/4.5 ticks).