Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
CABLE: Positive Brexit headlines and USD-negative month-end flows allowed
sterling to finish atop the G10 pile yesterday. After sticking to a narrow range
in the Asia-Pac session, GBP/USD advanced steadily through the London & NY
hours, closing 95 pips higher.
- Yesterday BBG sources said that PM May's government is planning "one last big
meeting" with Labour next week to try and forge a cross-party Brexit consensus.
- Cable last seen at $1.3037, 5 pips better off.
- Initial bullish attention turns to the 55-DMA & the upper 1.0% 10-DMA
envelope, which coincide at $1.3092. On the downside, a return below the
psychological $1.3000 mark would open up the 200-DMA at $1.2977.
- UK focus turns to the BoE MonPol decision & the accompanying presser with BOE
Gov Carney due Thursday, with construction & services PMI readings due on
Thursday & Friday respectively.