Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- Risk-on given an added lift in Asia as market reacted to remarks from House speaker Polosi that she was hopeful that a fiscal stimulus deal could be reached ahead of the election.
- Reported counter comments from Mitch McConnell, privately warning the White House not to strike a pre election deal, only slightly dampened the positive risk feel.
- EUR/USD touch a high Tuesday of $1.1841, finding support at $1.1820 in post fix trade.
- Asia took rate through Tuesday's high and on to $1.1850 where it seems to be meeting mild headwinds into Europe.
- Break exposes $1.1870/80 ahead of $1.1900. Support remains at $1.1820 ahead of $1.1800/1.1795.
- A light domestic data calendar in EZ.
- Focus on US fiscal negotiation developments.
- MNI Techs: EURUSD maintains this week's positive tone. yesterday breached the bull trigger at 1.1831, Oct 9 high. Scope for an extension towards 1.1859 initially and 1.1917 further out, both Fibonacci retracement levels. The major resistance and hurdle for bulls is at 1.2011, Sep 1 high. Initial firm support lies at 1.1760, yesterday's low.