- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Pressured On Debt Ceiling Optimism, Fedpseak
TYM3 deals at 114-00+, +0-03, in line with late NY levels.
- Cash tsys finished 5-10bps cheaper across the major benchmarks, the curve bear flattened.
- Tsys were pressured yesterday as Congressional leaders made plans for votes on a bipartisan deal to avoid debt default. An estimated $1tn in bill issuance as the US Treasury moves to increase cash buffers following debt ceiling resolution also weighed, this would have the same impact as a 25bp hike all else being equal.
- Dallas Fed President Logan said that the case for a rate pause in June isn't clear amid sticky core inflation and high wage growth.
- FOMC dated OIS price ~8bps of hikes in June with a terminal rate of 5.16%, there are ~50bps of cuts priced for 2023.
- In Asia today we have national CPI data from Japan. Further out the docket is thin with German PPI the highlight. Fedpseak from Fed Chair Powell, NY Fed President Williams and Gov. Bowman will cross.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.