Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
USDZAR is now down 0.72% in early trading, with the Rand 2nd best performing currency against the Greenback in EM.
- Some liquidity is returning, with SA back from their "Heritage Day" yesterday, although as desk note, a few market participants will have likely booked a longer weekend.
- News that US Democrats are drifting a stimulus proposal that they could take for possible negotiations is helping EM somewhat, despite the limited upside in Equity during our early European session.
- immediate support comes at Thursday's low at 16.7695.
- Looking ahead, the key event is the Mid Term budget, which will be delivered by Finance Minister Tito Mboweni on 29th October