- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Net Injects CNY23 Bln Via OMOs Monday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Lower At 7.0575 Monday; -4.91% Y/Y
Rand Loses Yesterday's Shine Despite Strong Performance From Precious Metals
Post-FOMC greenback weakness applied some further pressure to USD/ZAR yesterday evening, helping the pair give away 2.1% from the prior close. The rate has stabilised this morning and is correcting those losses, last trading +460 pips at ZAR17.0900. Bulls look for gains past Jan 6/31 highs of ZAR17.4343/17.4908, while bears keep an eye on the ZAR17.0000 mark.
- Local-currency bond yields have retraced the bulk of initial dips and last sit 3.9-5.1bp richer across the curve. South Africa's 10-year breakeven inflation rate printed its worst levels in 16 months at 5.69% before recovering to 5.75% where it sits at typing.
- The aggregate BBG Commodity Index trades 0.35% higher on the day, off earlier highs. The precious metals subindex jumped to new cyclical highs and still trades ~1.7% above neutral levels.
- The Cabinet lekgotla is currently underway as South Africa's political leaders discuss the priorities and way forward for this year.
- South Africa's electricity production/consumption data will hit the wires later today.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.