Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
USD/CNH has edged lower this morning, in tandem with a downtick in the DXY. The rate deals at CNH6.3922, 34 pips lower on the day, and downside technical focus falls on Nov 16 low of CNH6.3616. A break here would give bears a green light for targeting May 31 low of CNH6.3525. Conversely, a jump above Oct 29 high of CNH6.4104 would turn focus to the 50-DMA at CNH6.4185.
- The yuan fixing came in at CNY6.3980 today, 12 pips above sell-side estimate. The yuan was unimpressed.
- The city of Chengdu, capital of Sichuan province, rolled out measures to support local developers, inspiring speculation that other cities might follow suit.
- Elsewhere, Premier Li urged local governments on Wednesday to promote construction activity and make better use of proceeds from special bonds to boost demand.
- Looking ahead, China's National Bureau of Statistics will publish industrial profits data this Saturday.