Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 0.8624/58 High Oct 1 / High Sep 29
- RES 3: 0.8515 50-day EMA
- RES 2: 0.8518 High Oct 12 and a firm resistance
- RES 1: 0.8478 20-day EMA
- PRICE: 0.8443 @ 16:21 BST Oct 27
- SUP 1: 0.8400 Round number support
- SUP 2: 0.8363 1.0% 10-dma envelope
- SUP 3: 0.8356 Low Feb 26, 2020
- SUP 4: 0.8339 Low Feb 25, 2020
EURGBP traded under pressure into the Tuesday close and remains vulnerable, despite Wednesday's modest relief rally. The cross has breached support at 0.8422, Oct 21/22 low and this has confirmed a resumption of the current downtrend. The break lower paves the way for weakness below 0.8400 towards 0.8363, a vol based support and 0.8356, the Feb 26, 2020 low. Note that the cross is also approaching the base of a broad multi-year range at 0.8300. Initial firm resistance is 0.8483, the 20-day EMA.