Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
CANADA DATA: REPEAT: BOC Rate Decision Preview - 10:00 EDT
- MNI Median 1.75%, has been unchanged for a year.
- Gov. Poloz seen continuing mostly neutral tone, with inflation around 2%
target and economy resilient amid trade tensions.
- Key phrase to watch from last statement is "the current degree of monetary
policy stimulus remains appropriate."
- BOC could also shift outlook by altering assessment that apart from trade
tensions, inflation risks are balanced.
- Standing pat would leave BOC with G7's highest policy rate if Fed cuts,
suggesting risk of C$ strength through the decisions.
- MPR report may also give new clues on BOC's view economy is near full
- Poloz/Wilkins have 1115am press conference. For more see Oct. 28 "MNI PREVIEW:
Canada's Northern Star Economy Means No Rate Cut."