Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Risk aversion still in play as the U.S./Asia crossover saw the House of
Representatives give a green light to the Senate's Hong Kong bill, with a BBG
source suggesting that the POTUS is planning to sign it into law. Trump's own
criticism of China's failure to "step up" in negotiations did little to improve
sentiment, as it followed a RTRS piece stating that talks may drag on into 2020.
U.S.-China headlines have dominated the otherwise quiet regional news flow.
- Safe haven currencies outperform their high-beta peers from the G10 basket,
with JPY on the lead and NZD helping to bring up the rear.
- KRW has fallen prey of U.S.-China tensions and South Korean trade figures for
the first 20 days of the month, which extended this year's losing streak.
- China's state media have telegraphed Beijing's ire with U.S. Hong Kong bill.
USD/CNH managed to penetrate the CNH7.0500 level, which capped gains yesterday.
- Today's docket features U.S. existing home sales and Philly Fed Survey, as
well as EZ consumer confidence and the minutes from the ECB's Oct monetary
policy meeting. Fed's Mester and Kashkari, BoC's Poloz and ECB's Mersch and de
Guindos are set to speak.