Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR: Risk returned overnight after the release of strong AU Retail
Sales/Trade data with added support from the FT story that reported US & China
are drawing closer to a trade agreement. AUD sits top of the pile at the
European crossover, while the USD has registered modest losses across the board.
- The DXY rallied to 97.51 yesterday, before drifting at the close. The
downtrend extended through Asia to hold at the base of its 97.16-32 range. Bulls
need to recover 97.50, before putting the focus back on the triple-top
resistance area at 97.71. Bears look for a close below 97, opening the 50%
retracement of 95.74-97.51 & 100-dma at 96.63/57.
- Gold remains in consolidation mode tied to a narrow 1290.25-1293.80. Downside
focus remains on the 100-dma & Mar 7 low at $1282.80/1280.94. Bulls need to
clear $1300 to reignite the uptrend toward the 55-dma & 50% fibo of
$1324.99-1285.33 at $1306.21/1305.16.
- Risk-on flows supported crude in Asia-Pac hours, WTI & Crude hold at the peak
of their respective ranges. Last $62.81/69.79.
- US ADP(1230GMT), Svcs PMI(1345GMT) & ISM Non-mfg(1400GMT) due up today.