Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/RUB opens lower on the back of firmer global risk sentiment and a softer USD, consolidating a break below 73.40 support.
- RUB has seemingly brushed off international sanctions pressure on Belarus, to focus on playing catch-up to a third straight day of stronger oil markets.
- Iran talks resume this week, but the lifting of sanctions is not 100% clear at this point, curbing expectations for an uptick in supply.
- Although Russia showed support for Belarus, analysts note that Lukashenko may become a thorn in Russia's side amid a thawing of geopolitical tensions with the US.
- Sell-side notes the first portion of RUB dividends are due to come late May-early June, which may weigh on RUB into month-end.
- The move below 73.40, supported by USD weakness, opens up 73.00 support.
- Intraday Sup1: 73.1718, Sup2: 72.9634, Res1: 73.4212, Res2: 73.5483