July 13, 2022 18:31 GMT
HomepagePolitical Market NewsPolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed IncomeForeign Exchange
The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing "on pathways to lower energy prices" is due to begin shortly.
- Livestream of the hearing here: https://www.energy.senate.gov/hearings/2022/7/ener...
- The Rhodium Group issued this statement on twitter: "Partner John Larsen will provide expert testimony in a Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources subcommittee hearing on pathways to lower energy prices."
- Larsen is expected to push for accelerated permitting for Class VI wells and a raft of tax credits and incentives to be included in the new reconciliation package being negotiated by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV).
- In April, following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Rhodium Group estimated that the policies outlined above could cut domestic natural gas consumption by twice the amount the Biden administration committed to export to Europe.
- Ben Cahill, John Larsen, And Joseph Majkut wrote in April: "Senate Democrats could use the existing budget reconciliation framework to pass the most important climate policies from Build Back Better, paired with new measures to boost short-term energy security."