Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Sterling has outperformed its G10 peers, albeit by modest margins, ahead
of PM May's Brexit statement to the House of Commons, scheduled for later today.
Worth noting that the Sun reported that PM May is planning to hand in her
resignation this summer.
- The Antipodeans have been relatively weak, with kiwi leading losses among the
G10 currencies. AUD/USD spiked ~15 pips higher after the release of softer than
exp. AU housing finance data & slightly firmer biz. conditions/confidence, but
quickly retraced the move, as the impact of the former print came to the fore.
- The yen initially struggled, pressured by outperforming equities, with the
Nikkei 225 last trading ~1.5% higher. This was before the BoJ's decision to trim
the size of its 10-25 Year Rinban operations lent support to JPY, with USD/JPY
back to unchanged levels at writing.
- Worth noting major currency pairs have stuck to rather tight ranges.
- Today's economic docket is data-light, but speech-heavy, with ECB's Lane,
Weidmann, Nowotny (& Lautenschlaeger in the NY/Asia crossover), BoE Gov Carney,
as well as Fed's Powell, George & Mester all due to make addresses.