Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING: Sterling outperformed yesterday underpinned by positive Brexit
headlines and month-end dollar sales. GBPUSD rallied through its 100 & 200-dma's
to comfortably close above the $1.30 level. Rate currently challenges the
$1.3045/50 area, which has so far proved hard to overcome.
- Next resistance is seen at $1.3067/92 which represents the Apr 17 high &
- EURGBP's 55-dma finally gave way on a closing basis yesterday, touching
pullback lows of Gbp0.8590. The Apr 5 low & 61.8% retracement level provide the
next area of support at Gbp0.8557/54.
- GBPJPY cleared its 200-dma with the rally squeezing through Y145.00. Rate
extends to Y145.51 with next resistance from the Apr 23 high at Y145.63, ahead
of the 61.8% fibo of Y147.01-143.78 at Y145.78.
- UK PMI mfg the main highlight today at 0830GMT. Analysts are expecting a weak
reading with Brexit stock-piling said to be put on hold and weigh on production