Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Speculation swirled ahead of a press conference from the UK's medicines regulator, which moved to restrict the distribution of the most widely used vaccine for those aged below 30. While the vaccine committee stressed that there was little risk to the overall vaccine plan, markets remain concerned that the switch could result in a delay to the planned easing of virus restrictions.
- This dampened sentiment hit GBP, which fell against all others in G10, and extended the pullback from the midweek highs to over 150 pips. Next support for GBP/USD undercuts at the 100-dma at 1.3678.
- Further demonstrating the risk-off theme were slips in antipodean currencies, with AUD and NZD falling alongside GBP. Similarly, the CHF and JPY were among the session's best performers.
- Focus Thursday turns to Japanese trade balance and US weekly jobless claims data. Central bank speakers include Fed's Powell, Kashkari & Bullard.