Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Equity markets are firmer for a second session, with European indices uniformly positive. Spain's IBEX-35 is leading with gains of over 2%, but the UK's FTSE-100 and Italy's FTSE-MIB are also sharply higher.
- Energy and financials are the sectors driving the rally across Europe - both of which were the poorest performing sectors earlier in the week. Steepening of government bond yield curves and a stabilisation of the oil price are largely responsible, keeping both these market metrics in focus headed into the NY crossover.
- US futures are firm and indicate a positive open on Wall Street later today. The e-mini S&P has added over 100 points from the Monday low to trade inside 50 points of the alltime highs posted July 14th.
- Focus remains on US earnings, with Johnson & Johnson, Verizon Communications and Coca-Cola among the headline reports Wednesday.