Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The e-mini S&P edged higher still Thursday, topping out at new record highs of 4092.75. This cements further the bull trend, with prices rising over 6% since the late March lows. Markets await any signs of overbought conditions, with the RSI edging toward the highest levels of the year so far.
- The VIX broke lower still, hitting 16.55 and the lowest level since late February last year. The index has now wholly erased the pandemic-induced lurch higher.
- In cash markets, tech firms surged, helping NASDAQ gains outstrip both the S&P 500 and the DJIA. The energy was the laggard, with large cap names ExxonMobil and Chevron slipping close to 1.5% as oil prices moderated further.
- Earnings season kicks off next week, with the likes of JPMorgan, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America on the docket.