Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot AUD/USD continues to climb, now up 27 pips at 0.7729. AUD given a boost by higher iron ore futures.
- Data showed that exports from Port Hedland, Australia's key mining port, dropped slightly in January, but are still elevated and hit the best January level on record. It should also be considered that operations were disrupted in late January due to a tropical storm.
- There could be some worry over the figures, exports to China fell 11% on the month as the trade spat drags on. Exports to South Korea and Taiwan were higher though, up 35.7% and 53% respectively, but these markets are minnows compared to China.
- Iron ore futures in Singapore are 1.9% higher today, but with volumes down almost 75%.