Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US TSYS: T-Note futures threatening a clean break above yesterday's highs in
early Asia trade +0-03 at 130-13, after going out virtually at best levels on
Monday with yields closing marginally lower across the curve.
- A softer than expected MNI Chicago PMI print was the catalyst behind a sharp
bid in the NY morning, with familiar risks bubbling in the background, keeping
- A late block buyer of WNZ9 also helped to keep the space bid into the close.
- It must be said that futures volume was low on the final day of September &
Q3, with an uptick in stocks perhaps limiting the space's gains on the day.
- We also heard from Fed's Evans in early London hours. To paraphrase, Evans
told CNBC: "open minded re: doing more on rate cuts. Own expectation is that we
should overshoot on inflation."
- Focus Tues moves to m'fing ISM & speeches from Fed's Evans, Clarida & Bowman.
- Also worth flagging that the NY Fed has reduced the size of tomorrow's
overnight repo operations to $75bn (back from the $100bn they were upsized to
last week) after undersubscription became evident in the last couple of ops.