Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- EURHUF is trading closer to recent highs and maintains a short-term bullish tone. The cross has recently probed 364.27, 61.8% of the downleg between Mar 18 and Apr 12. A clear breach of the retracement would confirm a resumption of recent gains and open 366.16, the 76.4% level. Initial firm support is at 360.13, Apr 19 low.
- EURPLN is trading sideways. Key support is unchanged at 4.5203, Apr 12 low. This level coincides with 4.5202, 76.4% of the Feb 10 - Mar 29 rally.
- A clear breach would suggest scope for a deeper pullback to 4.50 and 4.4709, Feb 10 low.
- Initial resistance is 4.5751, Apr 8 high ahead of 4.6088, Apr 5 high.
- USDZAR continues to trade sideways and this consolidation appears to be a bear flag.
- This is a continuation pattern and reinforces current bearish conditions.
- The focus is on 14.0633, the 1.236 Fibonacci projection of the Apr - Jun - Aug 2020 price swing.
- Initial resistance is unchanged at 14.3966.
- USDTRY traded to a fresh high yesterday of 8.4851, just above the 8.4707 high on Mar 22. Despite the subsequent pullback, a bullish theme remains intact and dips is considered corrective.
- Fresh gains would expose 8.5793, the Nov 6 high and an important resistance.
- Key support is unchanged at 7.6958, Mar 22 low. Initial firm support is at 7.9886, Apr 2 low.
- USDRUB is trading at recent lows. The pair last week cleared support at 75.2275, Mar 31 low. This opens 74.6403 and potentially 73.8370, 61.8% and 76.4% of the rally between Mar 16 - Apr 7. The former level has today been tested. The 20-day EMA at 75.9077 marks initial resistance.