Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: The Antipodeans climbed to the top of the G10 pile, with kiwi posting
gains across the board. AUD & NZD drew support from an Axios source story
stating that U.S. Pres Trump's advisers discussed the possibility of a Sino-U.S.
presidential summit in March, which underpinned optimism ahead of this week's
trade talks involving top trade reps from Washington & Beijing.
- JPY underperformed, with Japanese markets closed for a national holiday.
- Sterling was relatively weak, as markets absorbed Brexit news flow. UK PM May
replied to Labour leader Corbyn's offer of a cross-party compromise re: Brexit
deal; she agreed that more talks are needed, but showed scepticism re: keeping
the UK within a customs union with the EU.
- In early Asia-Pac hours, CHF spiked lower in a "mini flash crash", but quickly
erased the move. BBG cited Asia-based traders, who said that CHF was sold vs.
USD & JPY to execute a stop-loss run amidst thin holiday liquidity.
- Focus today turns to UK GDP, trade balance & industrial output, as well as
Norwish CPI, while central bank rhetoric will be provided by ECB's de Guindos &
Knot, as well as Fed's Bowman.