Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
AUSSIE BONDS: The Aussie bond space finished higher on the day but off of best
levels, with 3-Year futures 2 ticks higher at 97.900 and 10-Year futures 2.5
ticks higher at 97.220.
- The domestic 3-/10-Year spread closed at 71.1bp while the AU/US 10-Year spread
closed at around -6.0bp.
- The space moved higher on news that Gary Cohn was stepping down as US NEC
Chair & that the US is considering applying trade tariffs on China. Bonds then
took a fresh leg higher on a decent enough auction of a 10-year futures basket
constituent (although the cover ratio moderated this time out) & soft domestic
GDP data, although the miss was flagged by RBA Gov. Lowe in an earlier address
(which offered little new on the MonPol front).
- Bonds back off of best levels, as risk assets moved away from session lows,
but the pullbacks were only modest.
- The short end edged higher on the day with the white Bill contracts up 1-2