Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: The early part of today's Asia-Pacific session brought the announcement
of the Commons' vote on the "Cooper bill," forcing the UK gov't to avoid a
no-deal Brexit. The bill passed by a single vote and will now go to the House of
Lords. Given a thumbs up from the Lords, should PM May fail to garner support
for her Brexit deal by Apr 12, she will have to ask the EU for a long extension
to Art. 50. Sterling ticked higher on the news.
- NZD has marginally outperformed in the G10 FX space, as optimism re: Sino-U.S.
trade talks has carried over into the Asia-Pac session, to a degree.
- Fed's Kashkari offered little new in a speech made in the NY/Asia crossover.
He said that he doesn't believe that the U.S. economy is overheating, pointing
to a need for patience.
- G10 pairs have generally stuck to fairly tight ranges.
- Focus today turns to German factory orders, Brexit matters in the UK, and
minutes from the ECB's March MonPol meeting. Fed's Mester and Harker are set to