Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS AUCTION: The Japanese Ministry of Finance (MOF) will today sell Y1.0tn of
20-Year JGB's, representing the opening of JB165.
- The MOF last sold 20-Year debt on June 26, the auction drew cover of 4.232x at
an average yield of 0.503%, average price of 99.93, a high yield of 0.508%, low
price of 99.85, with 5.5369% allotted at the high yield.
- Benchmark 20-Year JGBs have operated in a ~4bp range since the latest auction,
with longer dated Japanese paper becoming more attractive to domestic investors
than FX-hedged U.S. Tsys, which has pushed yields lower. Benchmark 20-Year
yields now sit around the middle of their aforementioned recent range at ~0.49%.
- Daiwa believe that "the 20-Year sector lacks attraction relative to the yield
curve or swaps but there doesn't seem to be any bias in positions and there is a
possibility that investors may be attracted to the new issue, or at least more
so than they would be to a re-opened one."
- Results due at 0435BST/1235JST