Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: The JGB curve bear steepened on Thursday, aided by an uptick in risk
- The US Tsy curve bull flattened on Thursday, as the ECB dropped its easing
bias, but left the bulk of its rhetoric elsewhere unchanged, alongside a modest
downtick in its inflation forecasts.
- Barclays note that "today could see buyers initially take a slight upper hand
in the JGB market, led by futures, after USTs bull-flattened overnight, but we
look for ranged trade overall ahead of the BoJ results. We expect the BoJ MPM to
be a non-event with monetary policy remaining intact, in line with market
- Focus will of course fall on Kuroda's press conference given the comments made
- Barclays also note that "February saw Japanese investors switch to the sell
side in foreign bonds with the rise in overseas yields, based on International
Transactions in Securities data for that period. January BoP data indicated a
continuing shift from US bonds to German, French & other EGBS."