Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: The July 19 high (Y113.17) capped USD/JPY on Wednesday, with the
rate ultimately closing near session lows as U.S. yields moved lower post-FOMC,
last dealing at 112.75. Bulls continue to target a break of the aforementioned
July 19 high, while bears look for a move back below Y111.60.
- U.S.-Japan trade talks have commenced, with tariffs on Japanese automobiles on
hold until the negotiations conclude.
- Japanese PM Abe has stated that Japan won't "go further than the current
deals" re: farm tariffs, according to BBG reports, after U.S. President Trump
noted that he is "sure that we will have a very good deal with Japan."
- Focus now turns to BOJ Rinban operations due later today, as well as a speech
from BOJ Governor Kuroda, followed by the BOJ's October JGB purchase plans &
summary of opinions from its latest MonPol decision, both due Friday.