Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
STOCKS: The major regional equity indices traded lower, but the moves weren't
nearly as deep as those seen on Wall St. on Tuesday, with recoveries from worst
levels evident across most of the region. U.S. equity index futures moved higher
in overnight trade, although that wasn't all one way traffic, as flows and
coronavirus headlines continued to dominate. The fact that new virus deaths in
China were confined to Hubei Province was an incremental positive, even as new
cases outside of China move higher. Elsewhere, we wrote a bullet re: some of the
underlying market dynamics evident in China in recent sessions (please refer to
that for further details), with some of the matters there potentially aiding
mainland equity markets' recovery from early lows.
- Real estate and energy names generally struggled across the region.
- The ASX 200 was the underperformer among the majors, with broad based losses
evident on a sectoral basis, as the index struggled to move away from session
- Nikkei 225 -0.7%, Hang Seng -0.5%, CSI 300 -0.1%, ASX 200 -2.3%.
- S&P 500 futures +19, DJIA futures +148, NASDAQ 100 futures +69.