Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: The major regional indices generally struggled during Wednesday's
Asia-Pacific session, despite the latest press reports pointing to a more
EU-friendly Italian budget proposal.
- The Nikkei 225 was pressured by the stronger JPY in early dealing, before the
Italian news flow alleviated most of the pressure, although the benchmark still
trades some 0.4% lower with the communications and financial sectors providing
the largest drag.
- Mainland Chinese markets remained closed for the holiday, although the Hang
Seng continued to struggle after losing over 2.0% on Tuesday. The index last
trades 0.3% lower.
- The ASX 200 was the exception to the rule, adding 0.3% as the heavyweight
materials and energy sectors pushed higher.
- The news report surrounding the Italian budget allowed U.S. index futures to
reverse their early losses and then some, trading higher on the day last.