Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bundesbank Market News
As the national central bank of Europe's largest economy and a founding member of the European Central Bank, Germany's Bundesbank has historically been one of the key powerbrokers in the union. Founded in 1957, its central office is in Frankfurt, where Jens Weidmann, a former adviser to chancellor Angela Merkel, has presided over the six-member Executive Board since 2011. In 2019 Weidmann was reappointed for a further eight years, and in 2021 a third three-year term as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) was confirmed. Traditionally conservative, in recent years the Bundesbank has been a dissenting voice at the ECB as it has introduced and expanded its use of non-standard monetary policy tools, while warning of the financial stability risks posed by ongoing asset purchase programmes.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Bundesbank officials.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.