Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.2419 High Apr 27
- RES 3: 1.2378 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- RES 2: 1.2351 High May 4 and a key near-term resistance
- RES 1: 1.2346 High Jun 17
- PRICE: 1.2345 @ 16:13 BST Jun 17
- SUP 1: 1.2140 20-day EMA
- SUP 2: 1.2057/2007 Low Jun 7 / Low May 18
- SUP 3: 1.2000 Psychological round number
- SUP 4: 1.1920 Low May 2015
USDCAD rallied Wednesday and gained further into the Thursday close. The pair this week cleared key resistance at 1.2203, May 6 high, cementing the near-term bounce and signalling scope for a stronger corrective recovery. The pair has also cleared the 50-day EMA, reinforcing current bullish conditions. This opens gains toward the near-term resistance at 1.2351, May 4 high and the 2.0% 10-dma envelope at 1.2378. Initial support is at 1.2140, the 20-day EMA.