Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- USD/TRY opens higher in line with broad risk-off sentiment and a more buoyant USD.
- Greece-Turkey talks saw little in terms of material progress on key sovereignty and maritime issues, but agreements for a second round were a mild positive allowing TRY to weather the storm better than its EM high-beta peers RUB & ZAR.
- EU remains slightly on the hawkish side in terms of sanctions rhetoric, asking for more concrete concessions from Turkey which could become a sticking point if the March sanctions reassessment is expedited.
- Erdogan's call for low interest loans could be a hurdle for local banks, and we'll be monitoring follow-through of his promises of reduced food prices.
- Spot is caught between selling pressure emerging around 7.4288 and the 200dma below at 7.3698, awaiting a breakout for a more decisive direction.
- Intraday sup1: 3.3783, Sup2: 3.3583, Res1: 7.4288, Res2: 7.4498